Monday 5 September 2011

Kadai Paneer

Hello Everyone, I am back after a long break. I have been very busy for the past 2 months. My older sister and her family visited India for 5 weeks, she lives in Detroit. We had an amazing time together, especially the older boys (mine and hers who are just nine months apart) who were really joined at the hip. Now we are back to our usual routine, both of us and I hope to be more frequent with my updates. Anyway I had posted some pictures of Kadai Paneer in FB and I got a lot of requests for the recipe, here it goes.

1 Red Capsicum - De seeded, cut into thin long strips
1 Yellow Capsicum - De seeded, cut into thin long strips
1 Green capsicum - De seeded, cut into thin long strips
1 Onion cut length lengthwise
200 Gms Paneer, cut into thin long strips
Two or three garlic pods cut 1/2 inch length wise
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
some jeera
4-5 red chillies
oil and salt to taste


1. First grind the coriander seeds and red chillies into a coarse powder, make sure you don't grind it to a fine powder
2. Take about teaspoon of oil in a kadai and add the jeera when the oil is hot.
3. Add the onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
4. Now add the garlic and the ginger pieces and fry for some more time
5. Add capsicum pieces and salt along with the coriander and chilli powder and let it cook on a low flame till the capsicums cooks well.
6. Now add the paneer pieces and cook for some more time.
7. Garnish with Kasuri methi or coriander leaves
8. Serve hot with rotis or phulkas

This is of course my version, I don't add any tomatoes to this dish and I also keep the spice level low (you can add cinnamon stick, cloves and a bay leaf to enhance the taste). But this is the way the family likes it. Enjoy making this dish, it can be done in a jiffy!
You can also grind the coriander seeds and red chillies ahead and keep it in the freezer for atleast a week to 10 days in an airtight container. I use this mixture to make a potato curry that the kids love.


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know it was this simple!!! Thanks...will try it!

    ReplyDelete